Monday, July 30, 2012

Welcome 2012-2013 Parents and Students!

Class lists were posted today so some of you may find your way to our blog via the APS website. I am glad you are here and I am excited about the opportunity to work with you and your child.

I would like to take this opportunity to tell you a little bit about the purpose of this blog. I think parent communication is a vital part of the education process. This blog allows me to give you a glimpse of some things we are doing here at school. I will post a copy of our newsletter each week. That way, you have access to a copy of it at all times. I will also post updates on important dates or information that I need to pass along to you. You will also be able to see pictures of fun things that we do in class. I have removed all of the posts from last year that included newsletters or information so that it would not be confusing for you. I encourage you to either sign up for update notifications by email, follow, or bookmark our blog. If you have a smartphone, our blog is also set up for mobile devices.  Whatever you choose, please check back often.

I would also like to invite you to Parent Orientation on August 16 at 7:00 p.m. Orientation will begin in the Cafeteria and then you will be dismissed to classrooms. Our room number is 220. Orientation is for parents only. I look forward to seeing you there.

On August 17, from 10:30-11:30, I will be having a Meet & Greet for students. I can't wait to meet your child and hope that you will be able to drop by for a visit.

Again, I'm glad you found the blog.  I hope that the rest of your summer is great!  I look forward to seeing each of you soon!  Feel free to leave me a comment...let me know you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment